Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The missing wheel?

This morning as I prepared to take John John to school, Danny called me and by the sound of his voice I knew something bad had happened. He was going to school after dropping Andi, Spencer and 2 other kids from seminary off at their school when... (and get this), the front driver side tire came off the van and rolled about 100 yards away. It actually flew across the street and landed in a field.

Being the psycho, lunatic mom that I am...I start to freak out and he assures me that he is just fine. Thank goodness he is such a good driver like his dad and knew to stay calm and steer the van as close to the side of the road as possible! I drive there and get him and the van situated, he was more embarrassed then shook up, as students and faculty from his elite private school spotted him, in my beat up greenish blue 90's something mini van and stopped to assist him in his plight. Poor guy, my handsome, strong, popular, captain of the fb team son is sitting on the side of a busy road, in an ugly van that's missing a wheel!

Anyways, as I am still upset and telling Loni Anne all about it and all the "Could haves" with this whole incident...she gently reminds me that the could haves did not happen. She told me to remember that Heavenly Father is so mindful of us and our situation right now, He knows what a good young man Danny is and the righteous desires of his heart to serve a mission this summer, and that is why this wasn't a lot worse then it was. She said, and I quote, "Heavenly Fathers angels were watching out for him today". My mom also relayed the fact that in her daily personal prayers she always blesses us by families, for example bless Lyla, Dan and kids, bless Loni, Grant and kids. Last night however, she felt so inclined to bless each one of her 27 grandchildren by name. She knows and I KNOW that the extra prayers offered up in Dannys behalf were heard as well. Thank you Heavenly Father for hearing our prayers and for the safety of my loved ones!

2 comments:

Dolly said...

I am so happy to hear Danny is okay and the van is fine too. That post reminds me of the time I drove our ward youth to Dallas to do baptisms. I was 18 and insisting that I personally drive my dad's van. The Lord was watching out for me that day also-because the tread on my front tire started flapping on my front windshield-and I has time to pull over(after going eighty on the freeway!) I know now- how lucky we all were to survive that day also.

Dolly said...

I HAD time to pull over:) Sorry for the typo:)