Saturday, February 20, 2010

From 7 to 4...

As most of you know, I took Loni Anne to the airport last Wednesday to go back to school. She started class today, and I was surprised to see that she just wasn't that excited to go back. It's funny to me how much of a "homebody" she has become and I am already having Loni Anne pains. I know I have blogged before about the sadness I feel as each of my children are leaving our home but, I tell you it is just such a HARD thing to deal with.

Sela has just moved into her own place and she just left (about an hour ago) to spend her first night there. Danny leaves on his mission this summer and we will be down to 3 at home. Going from 7 to 3 is is an adjustment. I just hope that my kids are ready for this new part of their life...I pray that I taught them how to...

Pray
Stay safe
Clean and care for their home
Read their scriptures
Make sure they always have clean underwear on
Pay bills
Attend church EVERY week
Be responsible
Work hard
Be respectful of others
Laugh alot
Cry sometimes

and most importantly...

CALL HOME every now and then...


Don't get me wrong, I am so happy and understand the ultimate plan...we raise them the best we can and then we let them go and hope and pray that they remember all they have been taught and make the best possible choices for their lives. But, I just have to say one thing...This. Is. So. Hard!!

I'm ok and I know that I am not the first nor the last mom this will happen to...I am just feeling melancholy that's all. So to you my children, whom I LOVE more then life itself..be good, be safe, be clean, be smart and beHAVE!!! Love you MOST!! MOM xoxoxoxo!

1 comment:

Dolly said...

I love this list of things you try and teach your kids. It makes me think of the phone-call we got this morning. My RM son, told me that the church headquarters was calling about my second oldest son,(who just got married-instead of leaving on a mission). They wondered if he could update them on his whereabouts. I never dreamed in a million years that I would have a son question the gospel. It breaks my heart!