Sunday, October 5, 2008

"The Rest of the Story"

My nephew saw my cute daughter yesterday and she wanted him to tell me, **In Paul Harvey's voice** "The Rest of the Story"!

Ok, back to the sighting of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

Loni was able to speak to President Monson and she told him how much she loved him and then she said to my nephew, "I started to bear my testimony to him, OF him"!! She got emotional as she told him she KNEW he was truly a prophet of God. He was so dear to Loni and he gave her a hug and said thank-you and then asked for her continued prayers! Then jokingly as they were leaving he said to the sisters, please pray for me because I speak 5 times at general conference and Pres. Uchtdorf ONLY speaks 4 times! I love that he has such a great sense of humor!

Awesome story huh?!?! Just had to share with ya'll!

2 comments:

Dolly said...

Lyla- I'm all choked up reading your post:) Wow!! How incredible to meet the prophet :) The sister missionaries are all so blessed to have that moment with him. I would be so happy to meet Sis. Nock and hear her beautiful testimony. Right here in Utah...we are thrilled to run into the church leaders. I'm just hours away from the church headquarters-but I've never been to General Conference. I think this will be my new goal in life!

Anonymous said...

wow!! LYLA!! that is awesome!!!! seriously!!!