Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference

I wanted to say how much I loved conference today! Unfortunately, I did not get to see any sessions from yesterday but, todays were just so wonderful! The messages were like soothing water to my parched soul! I love how the messages are so simple and easy to understand yet, they seem hard to live at times for us! I love our prophet so much and especially enjoyed his talks today! You can just feel his love! Pres. Eyering's message of hope and unity were exactly what I needed to hear! ALL the talks were awesome! Some of my favorite quotes today were...


"Be slow to take offense, and quick to forgive"

"You be the one to stand for what is right, even if you stand alone"

"Return to virtue"

"We can't afford to be superficially righteous"

"Find someone who is having a hard time and, do something for them"

"Eternal life with God is the most precious prize"

"One way to be a peacemaker is to seek for anything we agree on, find that common ground"

There were so many more but they are the ones that stick out to me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those stick out to me, too! i loved conference so much Lyla. It was so wonderful!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Hey, couldn't help leaving a comment to just say hi! It's been too long since I've seen you my friend, what 15 years or something crazy like that? Do you still remember me? I used to have the name of Donbar. Ring any bells? I love looking at your kids all grown up! I can't believe my buddy Jaz has kids of her own. Too cool! Love you and miss you! Melissa

snow said...

I, too, felt like this conference was exceptional in many ways. I laughed and cried and enjoyed every minute. And, I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG--so chic!!! I need some changes in my life as well! You've inspired me once again! Thanks!

Katharine Wolfgramm Wilson said...

Girl, I was checkin yoor other blogsite and forgot about this one...well I too enjoyed conference..spiritual fed once again...the quote that stuck out to me that you mentioned was...'don't be superficially spiritual' that was a good wake-up call for me to remind me to always check myself...miss you and love you.. Kat

The Stay At Home Son said...

These are great thoughts to put into practice! Thanks for visiting Warm Bunny, and good luck on the giveaway! And yes--your comments can count as 2. :)