Thursday, October 23, 2008

FREECYCLE

Have I been living in a cave??? I cannot believe I just found out about this from my sister Annie today!

It's called freecycle...have you heard of it?

You log on and sign up, pick a city, browse and get this...

If you see something you like you get it...FREE...NO CHARGE...NADA....ZILCH!!!

Here is the description taken right from their home page...



"Welcome! The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 4,618 groups with 5,991,000 members across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by a local volunteer (them's good people). Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box above or by clicking on “Browse Groups” above the search box. Have fun"!

So, I have been window shopping and saw so many things...some of the stranger items were...

feret and rat cages! (WHY)?
size 9 1/2 womens shoes (EWWW)!
rf modulators (WHAT)?
bibs (anyone heard of the DOLLAR TREE)?
Friendship Bread starter recipe (MMMM I WANT SOME)!


As you can see its anything goes on freecycle!

No money, No contracts, No finance charges, No late fees, No hassles!!!

I am going to give it a try, let me know if you do to!

2 comments:

Katharine Wolfgramm Wilson said...

Not sure if my last comment went through, so 2nd attempt...I'll definitely be checking this site out...wonder if I can donate/get rid of stuff of my own???love ya, Kat

Lyla And Company! said...

yes you can Kat...its give and take with NO money involved!