Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Finau Family Missionaries!

Growing up I never thought we would produce so many missionaries from the Saula and Tilini Finau clan! Maybe partly because we had 6 girls and it was a rarity for sisters to serve then. But I am happy to say that we have had many from this immediate family of ours and I am so proud! Michael (Loni and Grants son) just boarded a plane this am heading to SLC for a week of fun with the family and then off he goes to the MTC for 3 months to study and learn Spanish to teach the people of Argentina, Bahia Blanca Mission!

So far from this family we have...

Loni Finau Jones(sister) served in Sacramento, Calif. 1982-1984
Filipe Mausia (adopted brother) served in Prove, Utah 1988-1990
Thomas E. Burke (nephew) served in Denver, Colorado 1996-1998
David J. Kaminski (nephew)served in SLC, Utah 2000-2002
Travis Outly (nephew) served in Auckland, New Zealand 2001-2003
Joey Kauvaka (nephew) served in Panama City, Panama 2003-2005
Grant Jones II (nephew) served in Sydney, Australia 2005-2007
Loni Anne Nock (daughter) serving on Temple Square 2008-2010
Alexis Jones (niece) serving on Temple Square 2009-2010
Michael Jones (nephew) serving in Argentina 2009-2011

What a blessing their service has been to our family! I am grateful to missionaries who give of their time and talents to helping those come unto Christ!

We have recently been in touch with one of the missionaries that taught and baptized my husband and let me tell you, our lives are forever changed because of Eric Barden and Derron Bowyer! I hope they realize the impact they have left on our forever family!

So, I wish my sweet Michael the very best mission experiences possible! I pray that Heavenly father will keep him safe till he returns home! I am grateful for Sisters Nock and Jones and their desire to serve at this time! They are beautiful, bright and spiritual young ladies inside and out! My dad and mom are so proud! I know it!

2 comments:

VEEYAH said...

Now THAT is an AMAZING ACCOMPLISHMENT!! Love it!

Dolly said...

Incredible Lyla! My son is doing great in his Switzerland mission-currently in Germany. He'll be home five months and a couple weeks:) I'm catching up on your family news-and it all sounds good!