Monday, July 13, 2009

Boys will be Boys!

My Danny went on a mini mission last week and I really missed him! He was only an hour and a half away but that was far enough. I know that when he goes on his real mission I will really miss him but will be so happy he is serving the Lord. He got to ride his bike, knock on doors, watch the elders administer to the sick and broken hearted, ate at member's homes, plan, study and even allowed to teach part of a lesson at a less active members home! His week was awesome filled with fun, hard work and sweat interviews, splits and zone conference! He came home Saturday and he stayed up talking to me about it all for about an hour. He expressed to me his excitement to go on his real mission. He did miss us and Emily though. I pray he will continue to have a great desire to serve the Lord!

Spencer went to scout camp and said that in his 4 years of going that this was the worst year ever! The camp site was really kind of a joke! The food was worse then school lunch (I can't even imagine). The weather was OK but they did get rained on so badly one night that all their bedding got soaking wet! the up side to this all was that he went to dinner and a move w/ the troop and the dads on wed. night! I was so glad when he got home and I just want him to do this long enough to get his eagle scout! He has all his badges but plans on getting a few more and then we need to find a great and worthwhile project!

John is in a summer league baseball team! He is playing 3rd base and is hitting off a pitching machine...this is the first time for him to play that way. I went and got his baseball equipment and he thinks he is such a tough guy now! I really enjoy watching his games, even if it is hot and has lots of mosquito's! Nothing like watching your kids have fun!

Summer seems to be flying by and before we know it, it will be football season! It will be my Danny's last year playing in high school! He is the captain of the team this year and has been conditioning for the last few months! Hopefully, we have a great season! I love my boys!

No comments: