Monday, November 17, 2008

"THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS"!



Hi All!

I am back from NYC and we had a BLAST!!! We shopped a little in Chinatown and ate tons of yummy Yankee food! The kids loved Times Square and walking on 5th Avenue and riding the dirty trains! YUCK! I could do without those and the rats that run on the tracks and the lack of hygiene in the city as a whole!

Some of the awesome things we saw and did...

Our amazing friends who treated us like royalty! They are the BEST! Jenn Cook's one-liners is reason enough to visit the Big Apple!

My nephew Reno flew in from Utah to help with the show and brought my daughter Sela to surprise me as well!!! THAT WAS BY FAR THE BEST SURPRISE!

Watching Sela dicker down the prices with all the foreigners, she is a PRO at that stuff! **Reminder** she is only 19 and was very intimidating and very successful at it!

Eating all of Andi Cooks amazing Hawaiian cooking!! Oh I am craving some huli huli chicken right now!

Eating pizza in New Jersey that tastes just like Motta's Pizzeria in Hartford, Conn.

The Statue of Liberty! In all its green glory...we saw it from the other side of the Hudson but it was even majestic from that far!

Ground Zero, Wall St. (the apts. we stayed at were right on Wall St.) The Bull, Trump Building, The Empire State Building, Gray Papaya's, Broadway, 5th Ave and we even drove through Greenwich Village!

The man on the subway selling pop-up books for Jesus!

The foreigners on the street whispering, "Gucci, Prada, Chanel and Coach"? then taking you to a van parked on the side of the street and pushing you in! (Not fun and I freaked them out when I said, "Get me out of here"!) and magically the price for Sela's Louis Vuitton went down another $20 bucks!

The show we went to do was great and the crowd was fun and young! They had a blast and the food and dancing afterwards was so fun too!

I especially loved seeing one of my dearest friends whom I consider family, my Andi Cook!! She has always been so wonderful to my family and I, it was good to just reconnect with her and to feel of her warm and beautiful spirit!

This was such a much needed shot in the arm for me prior to all the hustle and bustle of the upcoming holidays!

Thanks Jenn and Andi for having us and treating us so well!

Thanks to all my nieces and nephews and of course my own kids who came and helped in the show!

And, thanks to my sister Loni for driving us all the way there and back in the very comfy and BIG 15 passenger van!!!

PICTURES ARE ON THE WAY!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Cheryl Sanders said...

I love going to NYC and especially getting my handbags there, although I am not a good negotiator. Glad you guys had fun. A singles ward, was it big and fun? I call our single adult program "The Desperate Singles", it's sad but true. One day I'll meet a great single guy, until then...

Hesses Madhouse said...

Can't wait to see the photos! Sounds like a wonderful trip. So glad you got to have so much fun! I'm craving some huli huli chicken just to hear you talk about it, and I've never tried it before, so when yo9uget some, have some for me, okay?