Monday, November 3, 2008

3's Company, 4's a crowd but 8???

I almost said 8 is enough but did not want this post to come off the wrong way! Our oldest child/daughter has moved in with us and her 2 children. The move was actually made last July and then she went to work with my sister in Ohio for almost 2 months, while her children were with their dad here in NC. Now, she is back and they are separated...(sad, I know)! But, I have come to realize that in this life we are all individuals who make our own choices and we deal with the consequences (good or bad)ourselves.

So, why am I blogging about this? The one week with 8 back in our home has been noisy, fun, stressful, busy and more! Here are some one-liners you may have heard around here lately...

"Nana I want dink"
"John John won't let me play with his Huk (hulk) game"
"Do NOT touch the toilet again!!! UNDERSTAND"!
"MOM!!!!!! Was the baby in my room again"?!?!?!
"Just sneak out, before she sees you"
"Nana move over" (at 1 am)
"Papa you funny"
"Don't turn it, I'm watching Diego"!!!

And, the best line you could hear around here...

"Nana I love you"!

Oh the sweetness of the grand babies in this house! They are too funny and keep this place rockin'!

I know it won't last forever and honestly I don't think I would want it too. I mean that in a good way, they NEED their own space and time away from us, as we do them. But, it is so good to me right now hearing, smelling and kissing on these sweet babies while in our home!

8 is GREAT!!! For now that is!! hahahah!~

3 comments:

Cheryl Sanders said...

I am so sorry to hear that Jaz is separated but only want the very best for her and her children, whatever that may be! We love you all so much and miss you!!! I know you are loving having Jaz and the grandbabies around, give them all a smooch from me.

Dolly said...

Lyla- your a saint to help her out! I lived with my mom with my hubby and family years ago-it was a huge learning experience that I will NOT repeat-but... I feel grateful for :)

Unknown said...

I'll bet it feels so good to have them close. Send them my love.